Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No wai - sex makes babies?

Not only that, but abstience only education helps makes babies, too:

Stoking the fire, a study published in the April edition of the Journal of Adolescent Health found that those who received comprehensive sex education were 50 percent less likely to become pregnant than those who received abstinence-only education. The study also found that those who received comprehensive sex education were 60 percent less likely to become pregnant than those who received no sex education at all.


Sorry, folks, but telling kids "just say no to sex!" doesn't work. It didn't work on me when I was a teenager, and I had every influence around me (from God on down) telling me it was WRONG.

Yeah. I did it anyway. I was stupid. Trust me - telling kids to wear a condom and showing them a banana and how to do it isn't going to make them have sex any more than they are now. Hopefully, though, it might cut down on teenage babies.

No comments: