Thursday, October 11, 2007

Nintendo then, Nintendo now

Nintendo released a link to an audio English translation of Mr. Iwata's keynote address in Japan.

Almost as much as the announcements, I was surprised that Nintendo would even do this. In the old days, the North American market would have found out via Nintendo Power or other magazines. Now, Nintendo themselves realizes how key the "outside Japan" market is.

It's also a sign I think of Mr. Iwata's openness compared to his predecessor. He doesn't mind sharing information (well, other than industry secret stuff). But with his gaming development background, I wonder if this isn't him being both a very savvy businessman, as well as understanding the "gamer need to know" mindset.

Either way, it got my attention. More goodies to look forward to. (Even if my wallet is feeling very sad and hurt right now.)

No comments: