Tuesday, February 05, 2008

My Super Tuesday predictions

Yesterday, I phone called for Obama.  It's kind of weird - I always said that "someday", I'd get politically involved.  "Someday" I'd donate, or campaign, or something.  And here I am, three kids, trying to take three classes at once to finish my degree, working full time, trying to decide where to move to -

And yesterday I was moved to act *now*, to make phone calls to Jersey and New York and California to remind people to vote tomorrow, to encourage them to vote for Obama.  Sure, I got people who just hung up.  And I got a very nice gentleman who said "Well, I'm a Republican", and I told him I liked him anyway, and he responded with "Well, thank you sir, and I hope your guy wins."

With all of that, though, I don't think that Obama will win today.  I think the early mail in votes in California will prove too big a hurdle to overcome (much like Florida).  I don't think he can beat that initial push.

But I think that overall, he will be damn close.  Perhaps 100, maybe 150 delegates behind Clinton by the time the dust settles.  And then there's the rest of the campaign, the people in Washington, DC and Virginia next week (or is it two weeks from now?) who can tie that up.

In the end, I still think Obama can win it.  And between studying and fathering and, maybe even getting further into Persona 3 (I think I have enough charm to make Yukari my girlfriend - sweet!), I'll try to help him out.

Tonight I'm taking my daughter to a local Tampa Obama party - she asked to, and I said "OK".  I wonder what she'll say years from now if Obama does wind up winning.  Wouldn't that be cool.

Blogged with Flock

No comments: