Thursday, February 28, 2008

Most of the time I think that Lou Dobbs is ful of himself-

And then there are times that I go "Good for you, buddy". I don't always agree with him, and think frankly he can be misinformed of things - but this made me happy. Basically, Goldman Sachs chairman Lloyd Blankfein has been telling people that the US economy isn't really getting worse (no, all of those home forclosures and gas prices rising and food prices rising and unemployment rising - not that bad, really). Evidently, according to Blankfein, it's people like Dobbs (and the media, and the Fed Chief, and the treasurer, and - everybody else) who are making the economy worse by *saying* that the economy is getting worse.

Dobbs reply (from Think Progress":

Perhaps Lloyd would like to come on here and show me the error of my ways and educate me perhaps from his lofty Wall Street perch on how millions of Americans are faring and what their prospects are. Lloyd, you certainly — I would love to have you do it. I would love to have you come on and talk to my face, not to my back, partner. I know it’s not the way you do it on Wall Street there, hot shot, but try it here. Come on down. Open invitation.

No comments: