Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Clinton, Zeifman, and the one thing I want to know

By now, you may have seen news on the Interwebs about Senator Clinton's former supervisor Jerry Zeifman. Long story short: he worked on the Watergate investigation, where the former Hilary Rodham worked. Zeifman's claim is that she stole documents, wrote bad briefs, lied, and was so bad when she was let go he refused to write her a letter of recommendation.

I don't know anything about Zeifman. I've heard everything from "he's a Leiberman democrat" (aka - he's really a Republican who says he's a Democrat), to good public servant. I don't know - but this one part of the interview with Zeifman where he makes these claims jumped out at me:

Of course, Nixon’s resignation rendered the entire issue moot, ending Hillary’s career on the Judiciary Committee staff in a most undistinguished manner. Zeifman says he was urged by top committee members to keep a diary of everything that was happening. He did so, and still has the diary if anyone wants to check the veracity of his story. Certainly, he could not have known in 1974 that diary entries about a young lawyer named Hillary Rodham would be of interest to anyone 34 years later.


I'd like to see this diary. And so would, I believe, the rest of the public. If true, this could show a pattern. And if not, we can go back to our lives.

But I am curious.

No comments: