Monday, December 24, 2007

I just seem to attract them

Today, I went to Busch Gardens with some friends from church, along with two of my children.  The third child and My Lovely Wife were at home (the former sick, the latter very tired and didn't want to leave the bed, so I volunteered to take the children instead of working from home like I had planned.  Which was OK - I had vacation time to use up.)

There I was sitting in one of the restaurants before another Christmas show was suppose to start, and this kid sitting at another table looks at me.  "Hey, that's a stupid hat," he says.

I look at him.  He was wearing a "My Chemical Romance" shirt and an attitude.  "Bite me, you little punk."

He stands up, all 100 pounds of him.  "Bite me?"  he says.  "Bite me?"  he approaches, then sticks out his hand and grins.  "Hey, cool.  Nice to meet you.  I'm Jeff."

"I'm John.  Nice shirt."

I shook his hand.  He then sat down and told me all about My Chemical Romance, how much he liked Insane Clown Posse more, about his favorite video (it's on Youtube - that's youtube.com, you know), and on and on.

I chatted with him, asked about his family ("not here, which is cool because I can ride all the rides I want and not hear them blah, blah, blah at me"), how he was doing, so on and so forth.

We talked for a bit, then I excused myself to get my own lunch.  By the time he had come back, he was gone.

I wish I knew what had happened to him.  I hope he's going to have a Merry Christmas.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

Blogger said...

You can earn $20 for a 20 minute survey!

Guess what? This is exactly what major companies are paying me for. They need to know what their customer needs and wants. So large companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars each month to the average person. In return, the average person, like me and you, answers some questions and gives them their opinion.