Friday, March 26, 2010

Coming out of vacation

OK, so I haven't taken an actual vacation.

But, since my purposeful exile from doing much of anything since finishing my 52 Weeks, 52 Religions project (and I still intend to start writing the book in about a week), I haven't done much of anything.

Read some, played some games, but generally let my brain just sit. Let things simmer while I took care of my personal life.

I'm about to come back out again. It's an election year, and I've all but decided what I'm going to start doing, where my interests lie. So expect to see a lot more of me writing here.

And, I'll be honest - I'm getting pissed. Pissed off at ignorance, at hate, at fear. Pissed off that there is an orchestrated paid chorus of negative voices that are opposing any good progress in the name of their profits and self interests.

I'm nobody. But if I can spend a year going out and talking to tons of religious people, then I can spend a fraction of that time going out and working to make things better in my community.

Stay tuned, Tampa. Shit's about to get real.

No comments: